Tuesday 16 June 2015

Unwish: Character Interview with Eliana

Hi,

We’ve got Eliana Duka-Ovid from my upcoming release Unwish Book 1. Happy reading and please your comments below.

Bisi: Hello Lady Eliana. It’s good to have you here today.
Eliana: Thank you.

Bisi: Can you tell us a bit about yourself? Where you’re from? How old you are?
Eliana: Of course, I’m seventeen and from Duka Town. My father is Count Hector Duka-Ovid, but of course you’ve heard of him. He’s the leader and chief magistrate of our town and Taree village and he’s also one of the richest men around.

Bisi: Which living person do you most admire? Your dad?
Eliana: My father? [laughs] No, High Princess Hertha Pia-Petrus of Dural. I thinks she’s one of the sophisticated and savvy people on Orad.

Bisi: What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Eliana: Cool tea on a hot day or hot tea on a cool day [laughs]. Okay seriously, I absolutely love going to silk merchants with my friends when the new consignment is in to get first pick. I know they come to our house with select samples, but it’s so much better to go their shops since they’ve got literary thousands and thousands of the most amazing patterns and colours you’d ever see. The merchants never bring exciting stuff to our house because they want to sell to my mother and she dresses kind of boring. That means they’ll only bring boring stuff.

Bisi: What is your greatest fear?
Eliana: [pauses] Marrying a commoner, losing my royalty and losing my honor, but that can never happen. I was born this way.

Bisi: What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Eliana: Deplore? No, there’s nothing wrong with me.

Bisi: What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Eliana: People too lazy to wash. I get it, poor people can’t afford East Ocean perfume, but come on everyone can use soap and water.

Bisi: What is your greatest extravagance?
Eliana: [Twirls her gold hoop earrings] My horses, I suppose. Father says I only need two, but I’ve got about eight. I’m not a serious rider, but they are all amazing creatures.

Bisi: What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Eliana: My laugh, it sounds kind of squeaky at times. Oh and my nails, they’re a bit yellow right? And my hair, I don’t know how to make it more shiny.

Bisi: What is the quality you most like in a man?
Eliana: His strength and presence. I love a guy who’s in charge.

Bisi: Where would you most like to live?
Eliana: Rulan, but our soldiers have to over throw those thugs

Bisi: What is your favorite occupation?
Eliana: Why would I be concerned about that. That’s for guys to think about—but if I had to, I’d be the High Princess. Just kidding, if I’m honest, I’ve never really thought about that. Can I get back to you on that one?

Bisi: Sure, no worries. Okay here’s my final question. What do you most value in your friends?
Eliana: Having a brain, you can’t imagine some of the dumb things highborn girls say, but I believe not a lot them are educated. Their parents don’t let the, but I was because my mother insisted. I hated it for it, but being able to read has been really helpful at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment